p class=”p1″ style=”text-align: justify;”>Low sperm count or infertility in men is actually more common than we care to imagine. The optimum level of sperm in a male would be 20 million or more with good mobility, motility and morphology. Women often find difficult to conceive nowadays but it may not always be their problem. It might be because their partner may be suffering from low sperm counts or infertility which can be found out only after testing. There may be many reasons for a low sperm count in men today like:
- The Electromagnetic frequencies of your mobile phones in your pocket or keeping the laptops on the lap area causes the testicles to get heated which is harmful and causes sperm damage and sperm count to fall.
- Smoking also leads to low fertility in men, and thus to increase it, one must quit smoking.
- Pesticides and hormone infested food like dairy products and meat can lower sperm count in men and can cause infertility in them.
- Soy foods contain isoflavones which diminish testosterone producing hormones leading to infertility in men. Soy foods also increase the estrogen levels in the body. While that may be good for women, it’s not good for the growth or health of the sperms in men.
- High-fructose syrups can cause insulin resistance, decreasing fertility.
- Men who drink Coke/Pepsi/Soft drinks regularly have lesser sperm than men who don’t drink soft drinks at all.
- Alcohol consumption in an excessive amount can also reduce sperm count and quality of sperms.
- Stress is a major factor which causes hormonal imbalance in turn leading to decrease in sperm production. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep every night as exhaustion can also lead to increased stress and cause decreased sperm production.
- Hyperthermia or overheating of the testicle region by using too much of sauna, hot tubs or wearing tight inner can increase temperature in the testicle area and cause damage to sperms.
- Drugs consumption can damage the whole body and not only just sperms.
- Damaged sperm ducts can result in very less or no sperm formation which leads to infertility in men.
- Plastic use in any form can also be a major reason for less sperm count in men.
- Certain medications can also lead to decreased sperm count and sometimes permanent infertility. If sperm production is an area of concern for you, make sure you consult with your doctor whether any medication prescribed by him earlier is affecting your sperm count.
Highly Recommended: The Ultimate Master Guide to Penis Enlargement at Home
But, there is no need to worry as there are many diets and foods that increase sperm count in men. There are many ways to increase sperm count in men and the best among them is try to do so naturally at home by taking a healthy diet. Taking daily dose of vitamins and supplements can also help in increasing sperm count in men.
There are various natural home remedies and other tips that can help you increase your sperm count and also improve sperm quality and thickness. Now we will discuss top 10 effective home remedies to increase sperm count.
Increase Sperm Count
- Maca root – the black variety of Maca root can increase sperm production as well as sperm motility. Take 1 to 3 teaspoons of this herb twice a day for a few months. You can take it by adding it to a glass of water, as a healthy smoothie or protein shake, or just sprinkle it on cereal. As it is high in fibre content, start by taking half teaspoon and slowly increase it to the required levels. This is one of the great ways to increase fertility in men. Maca is available in powder form (cheaper) as well as capsule form (costlier). You find Maca Root on Amazon or any Pharmacy store around you.
- Ashwagandha – a study in alternative medicine showed that Ashwagandha root extract can significantly increase sperm count, volume of semen and sperm motility. This herb helps in healthy testosterone production. It also improves your overall health, increases liveliness, reduces stress and anxiety in men. Mix half teaspoon of Ashwagandha powder, also known as Indian herb, to increase male virility, with a glass of warm milk. Drink it twice daily for a 3 months. This too can found on Amazon or your local Pharmacy store.
- American Ginseng root – it helps men to have a great sex drive, prevents erectile dysfunction and increases the sexual performance in men. It strengthens the HPA (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal) axis, aiding hormonal balance, stress management and immune function. This traditional herb has shown through different studies that it has helped men have healthier sperm and increased fertility.
- Garlic – Garlic is the best and natural way to increases sperm production. It contains a component or chemical, which boosts the life of the sperm and also improves blood circulation. The mineral selenium in garlic also helps improve sperm motility. Simply include 1 or 2 crushed garlic cloves in your daily diet and see the change. You can also use it in your food to increase sperm count in men.
- Yohimbe – The bark of yohimbe tree helps in good blood circulation to the male reproductive organs making it useful for people suffering from erectile dysfunction. Yohimbe has been shown to help men sustain an erection and may help to make an erection firmer. The increased blood circulation to the reproductive organs has also been shown to increase libido and sperm count.
- Moderate Exercise – A study has shown that young men who live a lifestyle with lesser movements and watched more than 20 hours of television per week had half the sperm count compared to those who were more into movements and exercise. On the other hand, people who did 15 hours of medium exercise a week had better sperm quality and a higher sperm count than those who didn’t or did little exercise. Thus, to increase your sperm count, it is best to do some type of physical exercise for at least for an hour a daily on a regular basis. Outdoor physical activities as well as weight training are also beneficial for improving sperm count.
- Damiana – Damiana is another useful herb to cure low sperm count naturally. It also calms the nerves, relieves anxiety, mental tension and acts as a muscle relaxant. Put ¼ teaspoon of dried damiana leaves in a cup of boiling water and boil for 5 to 10 minutes. Strain this solution and sweeten it with a little honey. Drink it up to 3 times a day for a few months. You can also take this herb in supplement form after consulting your doctor.
- Saw Palmetto – Saw palmetto, commonly used for prostate care, is another useful herb to increase sperm count. It is also good for treating erectile dysfunction. Take supplements of saw palmetto extract twice daily for a few months, as per physician’s directive. The supplement should contain a whole lot of fatty acids and sterols which help to improve sperm health and count.
- Dark chocolate – Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants, which help to fight harmful free radicals and are good for the heart. People experiencing fertility issues should include this in their diet as free radical damage is main cause of male infertility. Dark chocolate’s high antioxidant content can compete with acai berry, blue berry, cranberry and pomegranate, as it has great polyphenols and flavenols levels.
- Stop wearing tight underwear – for the testicles to produce good quality and more number of sperms, the temperature there should be less than the body temperature. This is why your balls are located outside of your body. Even a couple degrees in temperature rise is enough to be bad, so if you wear tight undergarments that hold your testicles too close to your body they will hurt your sperm count, even if only slightly. So try giving them space and wear loose undergarments to improve sperm count and quality.
- Horny Goatweed – Horny goat weed is a time-tested herb commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine. It helps increase sperm production and treats erectile dysfunction. Horny goat weed supplements though have not been tested for safety as yet. One can take horny goat weed supplement daily for a few months, in consultation with the physician.
- Nutritional supplements – men should look for a multivitamin that contains zinc for protection against diseases, lycopene for preventing prostate cancer, and saw palmetto to help shrink the inner lining of the prostate, which when inflamed can put pressure on the walls of the urinary tract and hamper sperm count.
- Green tea – scientific tests have proved that the high antioxidants in green tea have good fertility-boosting potential as they neutralise free radicals that can damage sperm cells. Low doses of a compound present in green tea can improve sperm quality, including motility. However, higher concentrations of this compound can have an opposite effect on the health. Drink a couple of cups of green tea daily to enjoy enhanced fertility as well as overall good health.
- Shilajit – Shilajit helps in improving physical and mental strength in men. Modern physicians have tested the Shilajit herb for cases of low libido, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction and many sexually related disorders. The fertility rates and sperm counts increase by many times with the usage of Shilajit. Most Ayurvedic physicians recommend Shilajit herb for improving stamina and energy levels and sperm count in males thereby helping them feel more powerful and efficient when working out.
Apart from these there are several other natural ways to increase sperm count too. Thus, ways how to increase sperm count naturally are:
- Zinc – eating zinc rich food like lamb, venison, yoghurt, peas and shrimp can boost sperm levels, improve their health, function and quality thus decreasing male infertility. Including a zinc rich diet in your meal can improve the fertility in men. Instead of taking supplements try the natural way and find it more useful.
- Selenium – Selenium is necessary for the creation of sperm. Studies have shown men with low sperm counts also have low levels of selenium. Cod, halibut, tuna, salmon sardines, shrimp, turkey are rich in selenium can be taken to increase sperm count.
- CoQ10 – this anti-oxidant present abundantly in seafood and organ meats is usually taken in the form of supplements and helps protect cells from free radical damage. It also helps to improves sperm motility and health.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E from green vegetables, spinach, papaya, olives and almonds is great for sperm health and its motility. It is an important anti-oxidant for the body and helps to increase fertility in men. When taken in good amount it can increase sperm count naturally without having to look for supplements.
- Folic acid – this is available from all the types of pulses like beans, lentils, spinach, asparagus and liver helps to boost sperm count and health which prevents any defect in the embryo when it fertilises the eggs. So including folic acid in the diet can help to increase sperm health and fertility.
- Vitamin C – this vitamin is found in abundance in fruits, red peppers, broccoli, cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes and citrus fruits also improve sperm health and stop them from damage and clumping together. Men must take this vitamin in good amount to increase sperm health and this is one of the best method as of how to increase sperms.
- La Carnitine – red meat and dairy products are food that increase sperm count and motility. These food have a nutrient called La Carnitine which helps sperm in energy metabolism. The lower concentration of this nutrient in the seminal fluid the lower is the sperm count. Thus, supplementing this nutrient with the necessary food and diet for a few months can help to increase health and quality of sperms in men.
- Antioxidants – Antioxidants are the pivotal components to having a great fertility that all human beings rely on. Antioxidants help to protect the sperm from damage. These free radicals damage both sperm cell health and the cell’s DNA. Damaged DNA can cause miscarriages, defects or developmental problems for the future child. Supplements of antioxidants are also available to help to improve the health of male sperms. These anti-oxidants therefore are especially good for men with low sperm count and poor sperm health. So, men please include more of antioxidants in your regular diet.
Ayurveda uses the power of natural herbs to bring about cure and wellness to the human body. The herbs used are natural and 100% safe to use. Ayurveda helps to enhance the body functioning in an effective way. These Ayurvedic medicines can be used to cure any kind of illness and also increase male fertility.
The Ayurvedic herbs for low sperm count help improve the sperm count by improving and increasing the sperm production and sperm number. It helps improve stamina and endurance in a healthy natural way. The male vigour and strength is increased by the usage of Ayurvedic herbs for low sperm count.
Shilajit has been used and prescribed since ages for its great effects on the male libido. Modern physicians have tested the Shilajit herb for cases of low libido, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction and many sexually related disorders.
Over to you
These were some of the foods to increase sperm count naturally at home. Following this article with accuracy will help increase sperm thickness as well as motility and fertility. If you have any questions on how to increase sperm count, do let us know in the comments below.