Acne are the reason for whiteheads or blackheads but are also caused due to oily skin. While acne are already so embarrassing, once acne are gone, whiteheads are equally embarrassing since whiteheads on nose look quite ugly.
What causes whiteheads? Whiteheads are nothing but a result of clogged pores and can also be termed as a type of acne. Getting rid of whiteheads is easier than that with acne. One thing you need to take note of is not to pop whiteheads on nose and face or else it will lead to pimples.
It is not very difficult to get rid of whiteheads overnight but you need to follow the methods suggested below and take utter care of your skin. You need to rejoice because whiteheads and blackheads are not painful like pimples and acne.
The below techniques and methods to get rid of whiteheads are personally tested by me and if you have any questions regarding this article, do let me know in comments.
How to Get Rid of Whiteheads
Some home remedies and best treatment for whiteheads fast are:
Since whiteheads are caused due to clogging of pores, we need the pores to free up without pricking them. What could be a better way than facial steaming? If you want to get rid of whiteheads overnight, do this for 2 hours with 1o minute break after every 15 minutes of steaming.
Otherwise, doing this once a day for 15 minutes will help you get rid of whiteheads naturally in around 2 weeks. Do not overdo it or you might turn your skin harsh and brown.
- Scrubbing Tomato
We all know how rich Tomato is in Vitamin C. It is not only good for our body, it is great for your skin as well. Scrub the pulp along with outer skin on your face while giving more importance to the area of blackheads. Keep it as it for 20 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
- Lemon juice and milk
Take 50 ml whole milk and add it to a mixture of 5 ml lemon juice and dead salt. Mix the solution thoroughly for 60 seconds. Apply this liquid on your entire face and wash it off with warm water after 20 minutes. This will not only help you get rid whiteheads fast but also make your skin soft.
- Oatmeal Mask/Scrub
Since you are aware that scrubbing helps in opening up clogged pores, here is an alternative to Tomato. Take 2 tablespoon of oatmeal and add two spoon honey in it. Now, mix this mixture and heat in microwave for 2 minutes.
Apply this paste on your face, make sure the temperature of mixture is comfortable for you. Scrub the mixture for 5 minutes and keep it as a mask. Wash it off with lukewarm water after 30 minutes.
If you do not have honey or find it a expensive, you can use yogurt instead of honey. Next, take couple of ice cubes in a thin clothe and run it through your face to close the pores.
This may sound crazy and weird, but toothpaste has many more uses then just clean your teeth. The fluoride chemical present in toothpaste is very good at curing your acne as well as whiteheads and blackheads.
Quite simple to use and everyone can do this at home to get rid of whiteheads and acne. Apply the paste on your face and keep it for 30 minutes. A fun way to do this is, apply some paste on your face while brushing in morning, complete your morning chores and wash it off with cold water when you go for bath.
- Clay Mask and Potato Mask
Applying a layer of clay paste on face for 10 minutes help rejuvenate the dead skin cells. Wash your face after 10 minutes to get rid of whiteheads on nose and chin.
If clay paste is unavailable with you, not to worry. Take a couple of raw potatoes and blend it in mixture. Apply this pulpy potato on face for 35 minutes everyday. Clean your face with lukewarm water.
- Coriander leaves
Grind the coriander leaves with half tea spoon of turmeric and water making it a nice paste. Apply the paste mix on entire face for 20 minutes to get rid of whiteheads as well as blackheads.
Use this method only twice a week. Do not store this paste for more than 3 days.
- Almond paste
Take a dozen of almonds and around 1 teaspoon oatmeal, add rosewater and grind it to make a nearly fine paste. Apply this paste only on the affected area full of whiteheads and rinse it off after 15 minutes.
There are many more methods to get rid of whiteheads fast but I think, following at least 5 of the above mentioned methods, you will be able to get rid of whiteheads fast and look beautiful as before.
Whiteheads once gone can occur again if not taken good care of your skin. In order to prevent whiteheads, there are a few things you can follow to keep your skin healthy and free from whiteheads.
How to Prevent Whiteheads
- Drink at least 5 litres of water in every 24 hours. It will keep your skin hydrated and keep acne and whiteheads at bay.
- Wash your face at least twice a day with lukewarm water and keep your skin clean. This will keep the pores clean and hygienic.
- Keep your face moist, but not oily. Dip a towel in lukewarm water, remove excess water and keep it on your face for an hour. Do this while taking afternoon nap.
- Do not use cheap and poor quality makeup. It will not only be a waste of money, but also harm your skin, causing acne and whiteheads. Natural beauty is way to go!
- Honey is an excellent anti-bacterial liquid. Apply it on your face once a week, which will also keep your skin moist.
- Drink coffee once a day since coffee is an anti-oxidant and keeps your skin cells fresh.
- While having bath, scrub your face with empty tea bags. This will help in removing dead skin cells and also in cleaning the clogged pores.
- Include vitamin A and E in your food by eating lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise everyday. Exercising causes sweat and thus cleaning the oil stuck in pores of your skin. It will also help in providing oxygen to your skin.
- Keep your hair hygienic and clean. Oil and sweat stuck in hair slides down the face which is why acne and whiteheads occur most of the time.
Ball is in your court
We hope this article on how to get rid of whiteheads fast help you in not only reducing the ugly looking whiteheads but also stay away from them in future. Remember, whiteheads is not a disease to be worried about. They are a temporary cause of unhealthy skin.
Take good care of your skin and live healthy. If you have any questions regarding whiteheads and blackheads, do let us know in the comment section below. If you have any more ideas on how to get rid of whiteheads naturally, we would be happy to hear them.