It is the dream of every individual, especially youngsters to have a fresh, clear and smooth skin. With the motive of moisturising our skin to make it soft, most of us end up with turning our skin sticky and oily. Many of us have an oily skin naturally and using a number of beauty care products have no effect on it.
While such is the case, we all never stop trying out each and every remedy now matter how difficult it is to get rid of oily skin; told by every person we come across in our day-to-day life. However, this too does not have a great impact on our skin. Thus, each of us never stop thinking of how to get rid of oily skin because no one wants to take that selfie with oily, sticky and clumsy face.
Recommended for you: How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Naturally at Home
It is a must for everyone especially, woman to learn how to get rid of oily face, as excessive amounts of oil in the skin will lead to various other skin problems such as blackheads and whiteheads, black marks, dark circles etc, spoiling the health as well as the looks of the skin.
Here are some of the best methods and simple home remedies that can make one feel and let others notice the change in the texture and looks of the skin in a matter of few days.
These methods have been tested by me when I too had oily face like you did, and yes! they did work out for me. Below methods work for both, men as well as women. Check them out:
Table of Content
Skin Care Routine for an Oil Free Skin
If you want to get rid of oily skin, then it is a must for you to follow a proper and systematic routine for enhancing the health of your skin. A healthy skin will have a balance in the amounts of nutrients, oils, vitamins and antioxidants providing the perfect look to your face.
This balance can be achieved by following a good skin care routine which involves regular washing, proper time and method for the application of cream or moisturiser and proper cleansing and hydration of the skin regularly.
For every individual who wishes to get rid of oily skin on face, steaming is probably one of the most effective methods to be adopted. Steaming cleans the skin completely by removing the dirt, excessive amounts of oils from the pores of the skin on the face. To undergo steaming, you need to boil the water for 8 minutes and transfer it into a big bowl.
The vapour must be allowed to pass on to the oily face. Make sure to cover your hair with towel or they will become dry and tangled. You should be made sure that the skin does not get in direct touch with the hot water in the bowl as it may lead to burns on the skin. Once the steam completely passes through the skin, wash it off with cold water and you will feel a light, fresh and oil free skin.
Alternatively, you can also take Sauna and Steam that swimming pool clubs have. That way you can use it all over your body.
ExfoliationExfoliation is one of the most common and trusted methods to get rid of oily skin. For this, one needs to use a good exfoliating product and a good quality sponge. Exfoliation helps in removing dead cells, oiliness ad scars from the skin. Exfoliating skin at least once a week will ensure that there is no increased level of sebum in the skin. For best results, it is recommended to steam the skin before exfoliating. Regular exfoliation helps one to get rid of oily skin permanently.
Sleep to burn all your stress
The busy and hectic lifestyle has increased the levels of stress in individuals these days, especially in the youth leading to acne, pimples and oily skin. Thus, it is good to have a good amount of sleep (at least 7 hours) and some recreational activities like yoga, cardio and aerobics to bring you out of stress and strain, which indirectly can help you get rid of oily skin.
If you are wondering on an easy to go method for how to get rid of oily skin naturally, regular exercising is the only way out. Exercising daily for a at least of 30 minutes a day can make your skin oil free in no time. It is a well-known fact that we sweat a lot while we exercise.
This excessive sweating helps in throwing out all the dirt, dust particles and unwanted oil from our skin pores, providing a fresh and oil free look to your skin. Use this 7-Minute Workout App which helps in doing quick exercises in just 7 minutes, if you are a busy human!
Check this out: Reduce Belly Fat using 10 Unique and Magical Methods
How to Get Rid of Oily Skin Naturally?
If you are a victim of oily face right now and looking for easy methods that can help you make your skin free from oil, then here are few natural methods:
- Lemon: Lemon is one of the most widely used natural elements to get rid of oily skin naturally. As we all know, lemon is a rich source of Vitamin C and citric acid. These are one among the vital elements required for maintaining the fairness and oil freshness of the skin. Since lime has high concentrations of citric acid; it is a must to dilute the juice before it is applied on to the face. Add couple of spoons of water to the juice coming out of whole lemon and apply on the face, and allow it to dry. Keep it for 15 minutes and rinse off your face with lukewarm water.
- Rosewater: This too is a powerful remedy to fight oily skin. Rosewater is mild on skin and has the same effect as that of lime juice, without causing any burning sensation on the skin. All you need to do is, after washing your face, take few drops of pure rose-water and apply it directly on your face and massage gently in circular motion. You can allow the skin to dry. Doing this regularly can make you experience a clean and perfect skin.
- Gram Flour: As per the Indian tradition and Ayurveda, Gram flour is considered to be the best soap as well as a good remedy for all skin ailments. From my personal experience I have learnt that regular usage of gram flour (Besan) as a substitute for soap can make one get a dry, yet silky and soft skin in 20 days. People with excessive oily skin can prepare a face pack by mixing gram flour and rose-water to make paste. The paste must be applied on to the face and allowed to dry. Wash the face thoroughly without using any soap.
- Orange Peel: Being one of the best natural beauty tools, orange peels can do wonders on oily skins. All you need to do is to just grind the peel into a fine paste and apply it on to your face at least once a week to get rid of acne, oily skin and various other skin problems. Allow the paste to dry and wash the face with plain water.
- Aloe Vera Gel: As we all know, aloe vera is rich in antioxidants and vitamins that are essential to keep the nutrient levels of the skin balanced. Since it has a property of cleansing the skin, it pulls out all the extra oil and dirt from the skin, providing a shiny and non sticky look to the skin.
- Cucumbers: These can be used by people who have a very sensitive skin. All you need to do is to cut a piece of cucumber and massage your face with the cut piece until all the juice spreads across your face. The cleaning property of the juice removes all oil and dirt from the skin pores and thus provides a glowing look to the face.
- Kasturi Turmeric, a type of turmeric that is used for skin care purpose only, is most effective in treating oily skin. You can add few drops of rosewater or distilled water to the powder and apply it on to your face. Once the pack dries, wash your face with lukewarm water and use gram flour instead if you feel the need of soap. In addition to keeping your skin oil free, this also makes your skin look more fair and bright, thus providing a more attractive look to your face. Turmeric Powder: As per Ayurveda,
- Sandalwood Paste: Though it is a bit hard to find pure sandalwood powder, a small quantity of sandalwood powder or paste can do miracles on oily faces. Take a small amount of sandalwood powder and add water until it turns into thick paste. Apply on all parts of the face and allow it to dry. This completely cleanses the skin and removes unwanted oils from the face.
- Multani Mitti: One of the most common beauty products used in south Asian countries, Multani Mitti is effective in treating oily skins. Applying the paste of Multani mitti powder once in a week can help in acquiring a shining and oil free skin.
How to Get Rid of Oily Skin Permanently?
The busy routine of our life prompts us to look for easier and easily adaptable methods in our routine that can provide a permanent solution to the problem of oily skin. Here are some of the time tested and effective suggestions to get rid of oily skin permanently.
- Avoid hot water bath: One among the common mistakes done by both men and women is bathing in excessive hot water. Hot water removes all the oil in your skin, leading to complete dryness of the skin. To balance the dehydration, the skin automatically secretes large amounts of moisture leading to oily skin again. Hence it is suggested to use lukewarm or normally cold water for healthy skin.
- pollution sucks. Wash your face twice a day: It is a must for each of us to wash our face at least twice a day and not more than five times a day. Increase in the frequency in washing the face again leads to excessive secretion of oil by the skin, leading the skin to sticky and oily look. Yes,
- Drink more water: It is a medically proven fact that individuals drinking at least ten glasses of water a day do not experience oily skin problems. As hydration of skin helps one wash away all unwanted oil from the body frequently, thus maintaining a good health of the skin.
- Skin Care Products: It is a must for everyone to use skin care products that are completely natural and are free from chemicals and colours. The beauty market is ranked with such chemical products. Avoid them no matter how lucrative the advertisement was. It is good to use freshly prepared natural products to experience better effects.
- Don’t wear make-up or use products that are oily in nature.
- Drink at least 4 litres of water everyday.
- Exercise regularly so that clogged oil pores are cleaned due to sweat.
- Avoid hot water bath. Use mild to cold temperature for having bath.
- Don’t use normal soaps to wash face. They have high percent of oil content. Use Gram floor paste instead.
- Apply face masks like sandalwood, multani mitti, turmeric powder, aloe vera gel, cucumber on oily face.
- Take steam and sauna to clean up clogged oily pores from skin.
- Take proper rest by sleeping 7 hours every day.
- Eat a healthy diet, avoid oily food as much as possibly.
Thus, if you are one among those who are finding the perfect answer for the question how to get rid of oily skin, I am sure you have got the most suitable answer here. Try out the remedies and experience a fresh, light, clean and clear skin.
What next? Share this article with your friends and family facing issues of oily skin on face so that you can take a much beautiful selfie that you have always wanted to.
Let me know your thoughts on these home remedies and if you know any more ideas on getting rid of oily face fast, please use the comment section below, it’s Free!