Skin tags pop out of nowhere. Whether be it the eyelids, armpits, breasts and where not. You just have a look at your reflection and you realize, “Oh no! It’s there”!
Though these small, irritating pop-ups are harmless, benign tumours, they become a topic of embarrassment at times. They can be easily removed through over the counter (OTC) therapies, excision, and cryotherapy.
Remove Skin Tags at Home
We do have a list of home remedies, just for you, as a safe and pocket-friendly alternative to remove and get rid of skin tags.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Soak the skin tag in lukewarm water.
- 10 minutes later, dip a clean cotton swab in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the tag. Though you will have a stinging sensation, that would be for a matter of seconds and it would go away.
- If you have issues of skin sensitivity, you can mix water with the vinegar and then use it.
The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar will prove fatal for the cells and tissues of the little brown monster and you will see results just after a few applications.
Fig Stem Juice
- Take a few fig stems and crush them to squeeze their juice.
- Collect it in a bowl and apply it directly on your skin tag
- It is highly recommended that you apply this juice 2 to 3 times a day for 3 to 4 weeks.
The juice of the fig stem is known to maintain the balance of alkaline acid in the skin, resulting in the disintegration of the cells and tissues of the skin tag.
Lemon juice is known to cure many skin problems and is probably one of the most inexpensive yet invaluable gifts from Mother Nature. If you do not have Apple Cider Vinegar handy in your kitchen, start with this method.
- Squeeze out the juice of about half lemon in a bowl.
- Immerse a clean cotton swab in the bowl and apply it directly on the skin tag. Leave it for about an hour.
- Apply it for about 2 to 3 times a day.
Blessed with citric acid, the lemon juice is known to perish the cells of the skin tag. Within a few weeks, the tag will eventually erode.
Garlic is an amazing option for the treatment of skin tags. Blessed with antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties, it is a one-stop solution for many skin problems.
- All you need to do is take 2 to 3 cloves of garlic and put it on the skin tag.
- Cover the cloves with a bandage and cover it for about 2 hours.
- It is advised to repeat this 2 times a day for one week.
It is known that the skin tags are attacked by the natural enzymes present in the garlic.
Potato & Cauliflower Juice
Oh yes! Even this is one of the remedies that is known to fire the skin tag.
- Take a few pieces of cauliflower, a small potato and 2 garlic cloves.
- Mix them together until you get a thick paste.
- Apply this paste directly on the skin tag and cover it with a surgical tape. Wash it clean every morning. Apply it every night for a few weeks.
This amazing paste dries the tissues of the skin tag and thus cuts it out of your body.
Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil is known to be a solution to so many skin problems and is highly appreciated in terms of hair and dark circles. However, it helps in the removal of skin tags too.
- Just take a vitamin e capsule and cut it.
- Squeeze out its juice and apply it directly on the skin tag. Cover it with a surgical or dressing tape.
- Apply it every night for 10 days.
The antioxidants in the Vitamin E oil help the new cells to regenerate and easily removes the skin tag.
- At night, take a banana peel and cover the tag with its inner part. Use a bandage to cover it.
- Wash it clean in the morning. Repeat this every night for 10 to 12 days.
Enriched with high potassium content, banana helps in curing many skin problems.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is known to heal skin problems safely without any issues of side effects. Let’s know how to use it.
- Just soak a cotton swab in tea tree oil.
- Apply it on the skin tag and leave it.
- It would take some time but gradually you will find the difference.
Though a remedy of consistency, tea tree oil will take time but will help you get rid of skin tags without any risk of infection.
Castor Oil Treatment
Though the skin tags can be treated with simple application of castor oil, you must try this remedy too to get rid of skin tags.
- You will need one part of baking soda and two parts of castor oil. Mix it to make a paste.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Apply it on the skin tag and cover it. Leave it overnight.
- Wash it in the morning with warm water. Apply it daily until the skin tag is gone.
The magic properties of castor oil for skin are hidden from none. This application will dilute and dissolve the tag without any scar.
Aloe Vera Gel
- Take a fresh aloe vera and take its gel and apply it on the skin tag.
- Just apply it and massage it on the tag and let it absorb.
- Repeat it three times a day for two weeks for the best results.
Bonus: If your skin tags are way too big, try to get your hands on the hair of a horse’s tail. Wrap the hair around the bottom of skin tag and keep it as is for few weeks. The skin tag will automatically start to dry and fall off.
- Do not touch the skin tags repeatedly and spread the germs from hand to skin tags.
- Do not pull them to remove them.
- Do not cut it with a knife or scissors.
- Do not let it be there on your body or skin tags will keep growing.
Over to You
These were the best and most effective home remedies to remove skin tags at home without going to a skin or cosmetic doctor. These remedies are safe and have no side-effects.
If you have any questions regarding any of the remedies to treat and remove skins tags fast, do let us know in the comments and I’ll try to answer them as soon as possible!