Tell me who does not want to lose weight? All of us do want to shed a few pounds. Almost every second person wants to change the way he looks. This makes us try new methods and gm diet plans the moment we hear about something new. While we start the weight loss program with a lot of passion and enthusiasm, most of us fail to maintain the cycle.
What if you come across a Secret Diet plan that would not take too much effort, dedication and would tone you down in just 7 days? Around 10-17 pounds (9 Kgs) shed in a week, without much effort and gruelling routines? That sounds magical! This is exactly what the GM Diet plan is.
Must Read: Top 10 Exercises to Practice While at Work
Add to it the benefit of improving your attitude and emotions because of the cleansing effects that it has. And as if this was not lucrative enough, this vegetarian GM diet plan is totally safe without any side effects and there is no fear of harm to the body! It flushes your body of the impurities and helps in keeping your body slim and proportionate.
GM Diet Plan
This program has been scientifically tested by General Motors employees with 99% success rate. This vegetarian diet plan involves the consumption of specific food items for seven days in a row, in contrast to the other diet plans which involve weekly schedules.
While reducing weight is the primary goal, it also detoxifies the body. Many people follow the GM Diet Plan twice a year to maintain good health and to stay slim and attractive. This is a best diet to lose weight naturally and is spread over a seven day vegetarian regime.
Also Check Out – Boost Metabolism and Burn Calories with these Vegetarian Food (Opens in New Tab)
Benefits of following the GM Diet Plan
Because this diet plan was developed by the General Motors Inc., it is named the General Motors Diet plan or more commonly known as GM Diet. It mainly aims at a healthy body, mind and focusses on immediate, hassle free and safe weight loss. You would notice the following by practicing this regime:
- Help you understand how to lose weight in 7 days.
- Lends a natural glow to the skin.
- Detoxification of the body which would help you feel lighter and better.
- Slimmer and toned waist lines and abdomen.
- No more flab and cellulite in the body.
Though it may sound impossible to you, but there have been numerous success stories of this Diet Regime and that too, within seven days! There is absolutely no harm in trying this out once and you would see the results for yourself. This diet plan will help you learn how to lose weight in 7 days in a healthy way.
The best diet to lose weight, the GM Diet includes the consumption of fruits, vegetables and Starch. There is no prerequisite to this Diet plan except that you need to be healthy enough to practice it. Also, you have to strictly stay away from Alcohol. Alcohol causes water retention in the body due to the release of Uric Acid. This eventually blocks the natural detoxification from taking place.
Does this Best Diet to lose weight really work?
While many Diet plans reduce around 1 lb. in a week, the General Motors Diet plan takes of 10 lbs. of weight from your body every week. It may sound a bit over whelming to the first time users, but then it’s just about getting in the habit. A routine of ten minutes of exercise in a day is enough to supplement the diet plan.
Do you really need to lose weight? Let’s find out. Below is a BMI calculator. Enter your exact weight and height. It will tell you whether you are underweight, normal or overweight.
Powered by BMI Calculator
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
If you get Overweight or Obesity, you should definitely do this awesome GM diet plan. But if you feel that you have some unwanted fat on your body, exercising and healthy diet is the key.
How to lose weight in 7 days
So now that you have made your mind for the GM Diet Plan, here is a list of some pointers that you should be aware of beforehand:
- If you are following this Diet plan for losing weight, you should be able to withstand excessive sweating
- You should be able to bear an occasional hunger pang
- Momentary Weakness should not panic you. If you feel Nauseated or Dizzy, check out how to get rid of Nausea at home.
- Deep hydration is immensely important. Around 8-10 Glasses of water should be gulped down everyday
- Some little complaints of muscle fatigue and slight pain need to be handled. This needs increased water intake.
- And you definitely need to stay away from alcohol for a month.
The Vegetarian GM Diet Plan:
Below is the Indian version of day-by-day, step-by-step guide to follow this magical diet plan. Take a pen, paper and note down the important points for this diet plan and stick it in your kitchen for quick overview. And before you start with this General Motors diet, weigh yourself and note it down on paper.
The first day of your Diet plan would be the hardest one and you would crave for so many things that make your tummy gurgle with hunger. Stay determined and you can avoid the craving for food, trust me.
- You would be consuming only fruits (in any quantity that you like) on the first day of the diet but stay away from Grapes, Bananas, Litchis and Mangoes.
- Consume more of watermelons, lemons, oranges, apples, pomegranates, strawberries and melons.
- You may want to eat 20 times a day but this is all that you can eat on Day 1.
- You may cut the fruits to eat them but absolutely nothing can be added to them.
- If you limit your fruit to just watermelon, you have chances of losing up to 3 pounds on first day itself.
- This is a way of preparing your body for the next six days of the General Motors Diet Plan
Passed the Day 1 successfully? Welcome to Day 2! Just like your first day was “all fruits day”, This is the “all veggies day”.
- You can eat only and only vegetables.
- Eat to your hearts content. Eat boiled or raw vegetables as per your choice.
- If you have chosen potatoes, you may eat just one potato in a day. That is enough for the daily requirements.
- If you need some taste, add a pinch of oregano to the boiled vegetables.
- If you have spent the first two days successfully, you are majorly dedicated! Kudos!
- Remember to control your cravings and overcome them.
Treat this as a combination of Day 1 and 2 and also, the options of food have now doubled.
- Eat the fruits and vegetables you used in the first 2 days.
- Avoid potatoes today since you will get enough carbohydrates from fruits and veggies.
- Eat till you fill your stomach and maintain the intake of water by at least 4 litres.
You will be feeling lighter on body since you have not eater any junk or heavy food for last 2 days. Keep control on your cravings. If you feel “enough is enough”, try to think about your weight loss and the way you want to look like.
Take the liberty to eat up to 6 Bananas in the entire day which you were told not to, initially. Acting as a source of rich Potassium and Sodium for the body, they replace the functioning of the salt, which you haven’t consumed since 3 days.
Have a cup of highly diluted soup for a meal. It should consist of capsicum, onions, garlic and Tomatoes and you can drink it just once a day.
You can also drink just 3 glasses of 300 ml milk each if you wish to, but is not mandatory.
Control your temptations because you are just three days away from achieving your target.
Today is the day when you will feel delighted as you can enjoy your day with a tasty meal and you can also dig on tomatoes, sprouts and cottage cheese, of course in limited quantity. Don’t go all out to fill your stomach which you kept empty for past 4 days.
Add soya chunks to your meal today. Try making a tasty soup of the ingredients and sip it up. Consume 4 tomatoes which consists of high amount of fibre much needed for your body in this gm diet plan.
Increase a little more of the water intake from your regular quantity which will flush all the toxins from your body.
Day 6 will be a bit different from yesterday. You can continue with cottage cheese (Paneer), soup, vegetables and sprouts. Make sure to avoid tomatoes.
You can see changes in your body by now. Don’t forget to get ample amount of water for your body.
And the day you have been waiting for. The final day of this gm diet plan. You will be feeling very light and cheerful.
Have fresh fruit juice, one cup of boiled brown rice, half a chapati (Indian bread) and loads of veggies. Climax the day by drinking good amount of water to cleanse all the toxins away.
So here goes our 7 Days gm diet plan. Weigh yourself again and see the difference in your body weight. Following it passionately and in a disciplined way can help you lose weight and body fat. Some quick tips to help you follow this gm diet plan are mentioned below:
- Fruit Juices are a strict No for the first six days and by the fifth day; you should be consuming 15 glasses of water.
- Replace tea and coffee with Black Tea and Black Coffee with absolutely no sugar content.
- The veggies can have herbs, lemon and vinegar dressings, but nothing else should be added to the salads.
- Boost the weight loss process by adding 30-45 minutes of exercise and cardio everyday.
- If you want to continue with the GM diet even after 7 days, take a gap of 3 days between every 7 day session.
- The soup recipe mentioned above can be taken in a quantity that suffices your hunger. You can replace the elements with cauliflower, asparagus and cabbage as well.
Thousands of people have asked me what to do after completing the 7 days of this best free diet plan? Gaining weight again? Though you cannot stick to the plan all your life, you may want to repeat it off and on to maintain your weight and appearance.
Since you cannot continue with this diet all your life, some advices to keep a check on your fat are:
- Stay focused on improving your diet habits by including fibre, carbs, protein, calcium, vitamins and minerals in proper proportions.
- No matter what, avoid Sugar, Cheese, Butter, Coke/Pepsi. They are sweet poison to your body.
- All nutrition you provide yourself should be in moderation. Whatever you eat, eat it in small quantities.
- Exercise regularly to boost metabolism. Exercises include Cardio, Jogging, Swimming, Cycling and Yoga.
- You can repeat this gm diet plan not more than twice in 1 month. But don’t start eating junk food like Pizza, Pepsi, Burgers, Cheese etc. in these remaining days.
Frequently Asked Questions about Day 5 of GM Diet Plan
Many people who are ready to take on GM diet are questioning as to which foods to be consumed on the 5th day of this healthy diet plan to get considerable amount of fibre and proteins.
You need not worry as we have got you covered! Day 5 is probably the most important part of general motors diet plan.
Foods to eat on gm diet day 5:
- Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- Brown Rice
- Tomatoes (maximum 6)
- Kidney Beans
- Soya chunks
We have also made a sample diet plan for day 5 of gm diet which we use it ourselves.
Breakfast – 2 raw tomatoes, a bowl of boiled red kidney beans seasoned with salt, pepper and lemon.
Brunch – A Cup of Tofu or Curd.
Lunch – A Bowl of Brown Rice, 2 raw tomatoes, a cup of boiled spinach and paneer.
Evening – Sprouts Salad seasoned with onions, pepper and pinch of salt, lemon juice (without sugar).
Dinner – Diluted Curry made from Soy Chunks or Vegetable Soup, 1 bowl of cucumber and a tomato salad.
Just 7 days of dedication will show a marked weight loss and you have to bend nothing about yourself to achieve it except follow a simple diet plan as mentioned above. Just stay tuned with the gm diet plan and drink good amount of water everyday.
Check this out: Burn Belly Fat using 10 Magical and Unique Ways
Do not wait any longer and take up this challenge of losing weight in just 7 days. GM diet results are amazing and I wish you all the best for leading a healthy and happy life.
If you have any questions regarding this diet plan, let me know it in the comments below and I will try to help you out in whatever I can.
Now proceed towards reading about The Secret Okinawa Diet Plan which will help you live longer. A woman who followed this diet lived for 117 years!
Like the article on gm diet? Please help us and help your friends, relatives by sharing this with them on Facebook, Twitter, Google and let them take the maximum benefits of same.