‘Hormones’ is just not a single word but it means so much beyond the words. Hormones play a vital role in human’s life, actually many. Almost all the metabolic reaction in an organism needs the involvement of hormones of a different type. If any changes occur in hormones such as hormonal imbalance it will be reflected in metabolic reactions and hence in an organism.
Today, we will discuss 5 ways to avoid hormonal imbalance.
Signs and Symptoms of the Hormonal Imbalance
- Hair thinning
- Hair loss
- Irregular Periods
- Appetite Changes
- Weight loss or gain
- Digestive issues
- Low Libido
- Reproductive issues
Common disease caused due to hormonal imbalance:
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Estrogen dominance
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Grave’s Disease or Hyperthyroidism
- Low testosterone
5 natural ways to prevent Hormonal Imbalance:
- The very first way includes the ADDITION OF THE HEALTHY FATS which includes many oils such as Coconut Oil, wild-caught salmon, grass-fed butter; Avocados and many such other fruits; and Salmon as it has omega-3 fatty acids which are very essential. Do you know why do you need it? Well, you need to keep your hormones in check and for that, you need to have various types of long, medium and short chain fatty acids in your diet. Saturated fat and cholesterol are the key fats to create hormones in your body.
- Replace your ordinary refined oil which contains omega-6 fats with oils containing omega-3 fats. As you may already know that Omega-3 fatty acids are one of the major components of the cell membrane of the brain cells and also plays a major role in cell-to-cell communication in the brain, so we need it for the maintenance of brain cells. In addition to it, it has many other uses too. Oils rich in Omega-6 such as safflower oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil etc. Causes many chronic diseases, so make sure you replace them with oils rich in Omega-3 such as Chia seed oil, Grass-fed animal products, Wild-fish oils, Walnut oil and Flaxseed oil.
- Void all the toxic substances in kitchen and beauty and body care products. You may not have known that the products you eat or use in your skin contain many toxic substances such as DEA, sodium lauryl sulphate, parabens and propylene glycol which are very harmful to your skin and also can cause hormonal imbalance. What you need to do is simply replace all such products with all natural products which include essential oils, coconut oil, castor oil and shea butter. Also, avoid the use of bottle made up of plastic or aluminium cans, replace them with glass or stainless steel.
- Manage all the caffeine and alcohol intake and replace it with a healthier substitute. You have absolutely no idea how Caffeine can cause hormonal imbalance. It can affect so many hormone productions and hence you need to take it in a moderate amount, otherwise, you will be in danger. It has a huge role in making people insomniac. So, make sure you are taking products which are low in Caffeine such as tulsi tea or matcha green tea. As you know that alcohol can impact the functioning of the liver and in a long run can cause liver cirrhosis, which can cause hormonal imbalance, you need to cut down the alcohol dosage to an absolute minimum. Along with it, it can interfere with the functioning of the liver with is again a negative effect of it. So, make sure you cut down the caffeine and alcohol dosage.
- The very last but not the least step includes reducing the stress level and getting more sleep with exercising regularly. On an average, a human needs a sleep of 7 to 8 hours. Less than this can cause hormonal imbalance. If you want to know the reason then it is because of the hormones works in a scheduled manner, if you disturb your sleep-wake cycle, hormonal production will also be disturbed. Hance, you need to maintain your sleeping hours and circadian cycle. Also, stress can cause hormonal imbalance too as due to stress there is a production of many hormones. A very effective way to get over all of this is through exercise. If you exercise on a daily basis and with high-intensity interval training then your stress level, as well as hormonal level, will be maintained.