Who can get over the food drool? Well, food is something you cannot hold your temper over. If you had to attend your friend’s anniversary last night and ended up having a lot of fried stuff for which now you are regretting because of the bad acidity and heartburn you got as a result of the food.
Well, you can’t change the past. What you can change is the feeling of uneasiness and discomfort. We have prepared a list of best home remedy to cure heartburn and acidity effectively.
What causes heartburn and acidity?When we eat food, it passes through a valve in our stomach which is in the shape of a muscular ring and known as Lower Esophageal Sphincter (LES). The function of LES is to open and close depending upon if food has come.
If the tract of LED does not close, then the acid produced and secreted by stomach enters the oesophagus. This causes acidity and sensation of pain in the chest which is called heartburn.
If you experience the acid reflux symptoms more frequently in a week, then you are suffering from a disease called acid reflux disease, Gastroesophageal reflux disease is another name for acid reflux disease.
Symptoms of Heartburn/acid reflux disease:
- You may experience chronic or acute chest pain.
- When there is heartburn you feel the bitter taste of mouth, especially towards the end of your tongue.
- Your stomach always feels filled which is called a Bloated stomach.
- Restlessness is something you will definitely get as a result of heartburn, the degree of restlessness and discomfort may vary.
- You will experience frequent burping in the form of a wet burp.
- Indigestion is the cause and also the symptom of heartburn since your food and especially the fatty acid does not get digested properly, therefore, you experience indigestion.
- Stomach pain is very regular and frequent during acid reflux disease, as the stomach is constantly producing acid more than required therefore you experience stomach pain.
- A sore throat because of your oesophagus constantly secreting acid is not good for your vocal cord.
- Difficulty in swallowing because of the disturbed oesophagus lining caused due to excess secretion of acid.
- You experience vomit sensation after you have your meals as your stomach is not ready to accept any more food because of undigested food.
Causes of Heartburn/Acidity
- When you eat ‘Cholesterol’ rich food like oily food and fried food.
- If you starve yourself for a long time.
- Too much of alcohol may also trigger your acid-producing gland to secrete acid more than required.
- If you are a caffeine addicted person, then it might not be too healthy for your heart and stomach.
- Carbonated drinks like coke and other soft drinks are also harmful.
Check it out: How to Cure Smelly Farts at Home
So, please go through these home remedy to cure heartburn and get rid of your acidity permanently and naturally.
Requirement: Few (3-4) basil leaves and water
Method: Low boil basil leaves with water, for 2-3 minutes and drink it afterwards
Benefits: Basil leaves provide instant relief from heartburn and acidity.
Requirement: Ginger and water
Method: To get effective results, grate ginger and boil it with one cup of water. Don’t over boil it. Filter it using a strainer and drink it. To get the best results, drink ginger water every morning on an empty stomach.
Benefits: It cures your acidity and heartburn in two ways, first is as it slows down the production of acid in your stomach by absorbing the excess acid and second, it prevents heartburn by calming down your nerves.
Requirement: Fennel Seeds and water
Method: Get fennel seeds and boil it with a cup of water. To make a good fennel seeds tea, make sure the proportion of fennel seeds is appropriate with the proportion of water.
Benefits: This is the best home remedy to cure heartburn and acidity fast, as it gives you instant relief from your acidity and heartburn by cooling your stomach.
4. Baking SodaWith Baking Soda you get very quick relief from acidity and heartburn as it is a salt, it neutralizes the secretion of acid in your stomach. The scientific name of baking soda is Sodium Bicarbonate and popularly used in many countries to treat heartburn and acidity fast.
Requirement: Baking Soda, lemon (optional) and water
Method: Take a spoon of baking soda, and mix it with one glass of water and to obtain best and effective result you may also add few drops of lemon.
Benefits: Baking Soda is really helpful when you get a severe acidity and heartburn.
Baking soda is a salt but highly basic in nature, therefore it inhibits the secretion of acid in your stomach.
Requirement: Mint leaves and water
Method: Get some fresh mint leaves and boil in water. Allow it boil for few minutes and then let it cool down to the room temperature. Add some ice consume the drink twice or thrice a day to get effective results.
Benefits: Mint being herbal in nature is a boon for your stomach, it will not have any side effects on your stomach. If you are too lazy to make mint tea then you can even chew mint leaves. It cures your acidity, indigestion, and heartburn in very short time.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Requirement: Vinegar (preferably apple cider vinegar) and water.
Method: You have to mix one or two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water and drink it. It turns out to be really helpful if you drink apple cider vinegar with water, before having your meal.
Benefits: Vinegar tries to cure your problem of acidity and heartburn of its roots. It helps in triggering a small gland called Sphincter which is situated below the Esophagus and permanently stop the secretion of acid which causes acidity and heartburn. Hence it is one of the best ways to cure heartburn and acidity.
Aloe Vera Juice
Requirement: Aloe Vera juice
Method: Buy a bottle of Aloe Vera Juice or you can make fresh Aloe Vera Juice at home.
Benefits: Consuming Aloe Vera Juice every morning in an empty to get rid of acidity and heartburn as it reduces the inflammation and heals the gastrointestinal lining.
Requirement: One or two glass of milk per day
Method: Boil the milk and make sure that you skim the cream out of it to get effective results. Drink skimmed milk at least twice a day, one after breakfast and one before going to bed to ease down your acidity and heartburn.
Benefits: When you consume skimmed milk regularly, it regulates the Sphincter in your abdomen which in turn trigger your gastrointestinal lining and cures your acidity and heartburn.
Requirement: 1 teaspoon of organic honey and a glass of water
Method: Mix a teaspoon of organic honey in lukewarm water. Drink this before you consume your meals.
Benefits: Honey is a very powerful natural cooling agent. It repairs the oesophagus lining and balances the acid secretion inside your stomach.
Requirements: 3-4 almonds a day
Method: All you have to do is eat 3-4 almonds a day. Soak it in water a night before.
Benefits: Almonds is rich in alkaline compounds which secrete juices healthy for your stomach and heart. Make sure you don’t intake many of them as it may turn out to be a little bad for you.
Over to You
Heartburn is a very restless feeling which one gets, after eating a lot of food rich in cholesterol or spice and sometimes when you don’t eat anything at all. The intensity of heartburn and for how long it persists depends upon the severity of your acidity.
Well, curing your heartburn and acidity naturally was never easy before. Our busy life thinks that nothing other than chemicals captured within capsules can cure something, but these home remedies will help you treat your acidity and heartburn.
Now you don’t have to rush to your doctor or the nearest medical store to cure your chest pain and your restlessness caused due to acid reflux.
These 10 home remedy to cure heartburn and acidity will definitely turn out to be useful for you, also please share these useful and important health remedies with your dear ones!