Metabolism is the factor that plays huge role in burning calories even after eating. People think they can lose weight and burn more calories by not eating anything that is the worst misconception about losing weight fast. You cannot lose weight by starving, it will only make your body look worse and weak.
So what burns more calories? The answer is quite simple, by eating! That does not mean you can do that by eating all the junk and fatty food. You can burn more calories by eating proper Vegetarian food, without getting weak or starving yourself. By eating proper vegetarian food, you can boost the metabolism and increase the energy which indirectly the best way to burn calories.
Now, you might ask, Non-vegetarian food too provides energy, don’t they? Non-vegetarian food, including red meat, have a high amount of calories which might not be good for this type of diet. There are a number of obese people who try to skip their meal hoping to lose weight fast but the outcome is zero. The reason to this is, the metabolism rate decreases to a great extent and burns fewer to no calories at all.
If you are planning to lose weight in a healthy way, include the below mentioned vegetarian food that will help you boost metabolism and burn more calories which are better than many other weight loss programs.
Running is another awesome way to increase your metabolism. Make sure to have really good running shoes to keep your foot bones in comfort.
Table of Content
Boost Metabolism and Burn Calories
Avocado is a green skinned, egg-shaped fruit which is highly valuable in commercial market due to its high fibre content any many other useful supplements that boost metabolism. The inner side of fruit contains a seed just similar to Peaches and Plum fruits.
- Avocado contains all the 9 essential amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids which make the heart healthy.
- It has 37% more potassium than Banana.
- It is very rich in Vitamin K, folic acid and other dietary sources of vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid.
Legumes, which include many types of pulses like lentils, black peas, kidney beans, chickpeas etc are one of the best forms of proteins without any form of harmful fats. Cooked legumes have 10-12 grams of proteins per half a bowl and my personal favourite.
- Excellent source of complex carbohydrates.
- A Huge amount of proteins and fibre content.
- Regular consumption can keep blood sugar level in check.
- Half a cup of legumes contains 30% potassium and iron content.
- Legumes are cholesterol free food.
A herbaceous plant with medicinal values, it has the ability to fight diseases and is possibly the best vegan food packed with loads of health benefits. Asparagus contains almost all the nutrients required by the body, which are, fibre, Vitamin A, B, K and CE, folate and many more antioxidants.
- One of the herbs that boost metabolism due to high vitamin B content.
- Your insulin levels are maintained.
- Helpful in heart-related diseases and also fights high blood pressure.
- It decreases the ageing process keeping you feel young.
- The antioxidants in Asparagus detoxifies all the harmful compounds present in your body.
This leafy vegetable from Cabbage family is best known for its anticancer features. Broccoli is a rich source of potassium, calcium and phytochemical including Vitamin C and many dietary fibres.
- The risk of cancer is reduced.
- Makes the nervous system healthy.
- Help in repairing skin damaged.
- Boost metabolism and burns calories
- Boosts your immune system.
Beans actually come under legumes itself but wanted to highlight it separately. It is known for its nutritional benefits and soluble fibre. It does not end it here, Beans consist of rich protein, iron and much more carbohydrates. It also consists of Vitamin B, potassium, folate and calcium. A powerhouse of nutrients.
- Beans help in reducing the risk of stroke and keeps blood pressure in check.
- It helps in lowering Cholesterol levels.
- Your metabolic rate is improved.
- Provides cancer protection.
- Keeps blood sugar levels in check.
A Graveolens plant belonging to Apiaceae genes and is known for its calorie reducing food. Celery is made up of 94% water content and also called as an alkaline veggie. It contains a good amount of fibre and flavonoids.
- Being a calorie reducing veggie, helps in losing weight fast.
- Relieves you from stress.
- Its seeds are used to treat a runny nose, arthritis and liver problems.
- Increases digestion capabilities.
- Metabolic rate is increased.
Cucumber is known to most of the people and is the best veggie to improve the health of your body since it contains a large amount of Vitamin B. Magnesium, Potassium, Silica, Folate, Calcium and Vitamins are also found in large amount in Cucumber.
- Cancer-fighting abilities.
- Softens bad breath
- Helps in burning calories and losing weight.
- Plays an active role in curing diabetes and arthritis.
- Increases metabolism rate in 48 hours.
Garlic has a million properties to improve a million problems in the body since it has many medicinal and culinary properties. It is one of the herbs that boosts metabolism and maintains the overall health of the body. Antioxidants and germanium are present in huge amounts and is considered as a natural antibiotic. It should be included in almost all your day to day meals.
- Moderates blood pressure.
- Improves healthy heart.
- Strengthens the metabolism.
- Braces you from the allergies.
- Makes your immune system healthy.
We all love peanut butter, don’t we? As the name suggests, it is made up of dry roasted peanuts which are known for its fat burning capabilities and many more benefits. It contains a rich source of dietary fibre and protein. Along with it, calcium, Vitamin B3 and E, potassium and other useful minerals which are required by the human body are also present in it.
- Builds metabolism that increases muscles.
- The risk of heart problems is kept at bay.
- The digestive system is improved to a great extent.
- Despite being a type of butter, it helps in reducing belly fat.
- Hypertension is greatly reduced.
Peppers are beneficial as well as most commonly used spices which are known for its various qualities like high amounts of antioxidants, vitamins, potassium and complex mixtures of phytochemicals. Another important ingredient, Capsaicin, which is an antioxidant used to increase body temperature and weight loss benefits.
- Reduces pain.
- Increases weight loss process .
- Metabolism growth is regulated.
- Makes your heart healthy.
- Treats ulcers.
- Works as an enzyme in burning calories.
Spinach, a green leafy veggie contains ample amount of iron, magnesium, folate, zinc, folic acid and protein. This veggie has all the necessary nutrients, minerals and calcium needed by the body.
- Blood pressure is balanced.
- Improves Gastrointestinal health due to folic acid present in it.
- Boost metabolism.
- Improves eyesight and if consumed regularly, helps in losing weight.
Tomato is a delicious and juicy red fruit which one of the best health benefits as they are rich in Vitamin C and contains low calories. They are made up of high water content and also contains Vitamin A, K, folate, potassium and other minerals like copper, phosphorous and magnesium which keeps your body healthy.
- Eyesight improvement.
- Decreases infection in the urinary bladder.
- Keeps diabetes in check.
- Keeps metabolic rate maintained.
- Cardiovascular diseases are kept at bay when consumed raw.
So these were the top vegetables and food that will help you boost metabolism and burn more calories if you are a vegetarian or want to get started as a vegetarian. Alternatively, you can also use protein powders if you trust a particular brand that you feel is good for your body and will not carry any side-effects in order to increase your stamina for doing aggressive metabolic workouts.
There are much more such foods like fruits with high water content, green tea, yoghurt and apples which will help you boost metabolism to a great extent. Follow a balanced diet consisting of above-mentioned food and don’t forget to do regular workouts to be healthy and fit.